Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Funny Kids

Oliver may need his ears checked, silly boy. The other night at the dinner table the family was gathered and somebody mentioned the Scooby-Doo episode the kids had been watching. Oliver commented about the scary monsters with a very expressive face and worried tone. I smiled and said to Ryan, "I love his wide eyes." Oliver quickly retorted, "I'm not white!"

Another similar exchange took place while riding in the car with Ryan and Oliver. I was saying something about sometime in the future (I don't remember the exact sentence) needing to wake up Oliver. From the back seat Ollie's displeased voice called out, "I don't have makeup!"

On our way to church last Sunday Cora was taking in the beauty of the earth as seen from the car window and lovingly said, "Oh, look at those little ducklings!.... Or maybe they're rocks..."
I think it's time to get her eyes checked. She says she can see everything just fine. I'm not so sure about that!

I love it when kids say funny stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm constantly hearing things horribly wrong. . . but I have to say I have never thought rocks were ducklings!

    ReplyDelete