Friday, April 15, 2011

Sweet Deals

I like bargains. No, I love them!

I took some pictures of assorted things I've snatched up in recent months. Prepare to be astounded!

I found my dream church shoes at Sears. On clearance. For $10. I'd been combing the earth for this style of shoe off and on for. . . ever! And I stumbled upon them one evening while sifting through stacks of poor, overlooked shoes. I hadn't even come to the mall to look at shoes. I was looking for bedding and what-not for Cora's room. Then I took a detour and found exactly what I didn't plan on. And I couldn't believe they had my size. Sometimes I'm not that lucky.

I guess I should assume they're really ugly, and that's why there were so many left over. In that case, I guess I like ugly things. Hey, somebody's got to!


I bought 2 pair for when I inevitably scuff one. At that price, I couldn't think of any reason not to get an extra set. They'll last me for years. By then, they'll be even more out of style!!!

And to think I could have skipped the footwear department that night!


Next up... A Burlington Coat Factory Treasure Hunt.

I had a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $20. I found a jacket for Normal Shannon, marked under $12....







....And a fluffy faux fur vest for Wacky Shannon, marked under $10. No clue why it was so cheap! ;)

So for under $13 I got both things. I'd say that's pretty good. I just think of it as buying one thing (for cheap!) that I'll wear regularly, and getting one crazy thing for free!




I like getting dresses and skirts at thrift stores. In my opinion, I find some worthwhile things that (hopefully) look like they cost a little more than the $4-$7 I paid for them.

I found this dress at Savers not long ago for $6.99. I like the color, the material, the slightly puffy 3/4-length sleeves and the length of the dress itself.


But my favorite part is the crocheted back. It's like that on the butt of the dress, too.





Just kidding. :)



I got this skirt at St. Vincent's for $4. If I remember correctly.

I like the buttons. And my super casual pose. Why am I not in a Blair advertisement rocking some super sleek slacks?? http://www.blair.com/category/Womens/Pants-Jeans/pc/2/15.uts

It's kind of misshapen from me sitting in it all day. Many apologies.

And I like the little ruffly back.


I'd been hunting for a bedskirt and found this at Goodwill for $2. That's a lot less than the 20-ish dollars I didn't want to pay for a new one! And it has swirly ric-rac!


Got this at Salvation army for $13. I thought it was going to be more, but the cashier said all their furniture was 25% off that day! Sweet!

I'm going to paint it if I ever get done painting our kitchen. Not sure what color yet.



Okay, last deal for now.

Curtains from Target, $4.98 per panel!!! They were originally $20 each.

I love the stripes. And that they're airy, yet crisp.


Hip-hip-hooray for sweet deals!

I should probably just stay out of the stores altogether, but sometimes I find things I can really use. Now if I could only learn to control myself when I'm trying to decipher between "I could really use this" and "I really want this". That is another story for another time.

2 comments:

  1. I miss my Boise second hand stores. :( They have some here but they are not as good and I had my spots all set there. Great job on your deals. I personally LOVE the shoes. :) Keep up the bargain hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I. Am. Jealous. :) You have developed an Amazing skill in Thrifting! If I give you a spending budget, think ya could be my personal bargain hunter... ? ;)

    ReplyDelete