Monday, January 13, 2014

Good Stuff


Since I am having a melancholy moment, I thought I'd (try to) perk myself up by sharing some good stuff to maybe help fill the freshly carved pit in my heart.

Yay for happy stuff to mask the crappy stuff.

I'm watching episodes of  "Parks and Rec" right now because it's funny. I like all the characters on the show. It reminds me of my funny friends, Maria and Renee, who also watch the show.

Speaking of funny, my little sister is. I'm so proud of her. She took it upon herself to organize and carry out a huge weekend event in Boise. She called it the Idaho Laugh Festival. She is hooked on making people laugh, and laughing at others who are hooked on making folks laugh. She got 60 comedians from all over the country to participate in 16 different shows at 5 different venues in two days. It went over even better than she'd hoped. She is amazing and I know she's going to keep on doing "impossible" things. She's already looking forward to next year's fest.

I went to four of the shows and they were all packed with laughter. I wish I could have gone to more, but it wasn't possible for me to duplicate myself and be in a few different buildings at the same time. My brother, Gavin, performed (stand-up) at two of the shows on Friday night, one of which I got to see. He did great and the audience seemed to think so, too. =) I love having funny family and friends.


This photo was taken after the Saturday night main event. =) The headliner comedian was Dennis Regan (pictured). I guess he had to close his eyes to fully savor the moment.
He and the other two comedians (Heath Harmison and Eddie Brill) were all very entertaining. Megan hosted the event (at the beautiful Egyptian Theatre) and took the opportunity to open the show with her own humorous bit of stand-up. I don't know how she or any comedian does it!
The show was very funny. It made me laugh quite a bit, which doesn't always happen when I listen to comics do their thing. It's not often I'm in a place where tons of folks are laughing. It makes for a great time, and I can understand why Megan craves it.

Let's see... what else has been good lately?

The Monday after Christmas I took the kids to the aquarium one last time before our pass expired. We took one of Jane's friends and one of Oliver's friends with us. They were all pumped to get out of the house. Right after that, we went to the cheap theater to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2". It was a cute, entertaining movie.

New Year's Day was half price day at DQ, so we got there as they opened and got some hot eats, cool treats, and two ice cream cakes. =) I looooove their cakes. Two days later, I invited Megan over for some of that cake, then later on Renee and Maria came over to have some with me before we went to see
"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". We saw it at The Village in Meridian. It was my very first time going there, which seems silly since it's so close to our house. I loved the whole evening; the movie, the surroundings, and most importantly, the people I went with. The Village is awesome. It's like a secret little quaint town in the middle of the city.

I switched to Gold's Gym since one just opened up super close to our house. I was happy when they settled on the perfect times and days for the class I like. Bodypump at 9:30 a.m. Mon./Wed./Fri. Yay! And I'm paying $10 less per month than I was at silly Axiom.

Gavin and Maren are expecting their third child this April. They have two girls already, and this one is a boy. How fun! I can't wait to hear the name they pick.

Cora is getting to be such an accomplished piano player. I love hearing her practice, and I'm so glad she enjoys playing. What a treat it is to see children succeed at things.

That's enough good stuff to sort of ward off my night's stinky bout of misery.
Tomorrow is another day, and I'm gonna try and not dwell on the things I can't control.

Plus, every minute brings me closer to glorious, wonderful spring!













No comments:

Post a Comment