Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Howdy

I don't think I'll ever get caught up on talking to you, Blog. I have so many things to say and so little time to say it all in, especially since I only ever write at night after the kids go to sleep. It seems like the couple of hours between their bedtime and mine is only a few minutes. And I usually choose to spend those "few minutes" watching shows on Netflix. And that means I don't take too much time to type at night.

It's not possible for me to pay attention to my blog when I'm watching something. And so the online documentation of my life gets neglected night after night while Ryan and I watch an episode or two of  Portlandia , or Sherlock , or Parks and Recreation.

Two weeks ago we started watching Gilmore Girls. Of course I'd heard people saying they liked it. Even my dad and my brother admitted it. I never even knew what it was about. I don't know how it lasted 7 seasons without me seeing a single episode.

We're halfway through the second season and loving it. It's just so addictive, funny, heartwarming, real. It makes me laugh, it's made me fight back tears. And whatnot. And I like most of the characters. And how Luke looks at Lorelai. And Luke in general. =)

It's hard having the whole series sitting there on Netflix, just waiting for me to finish it. I know - the struggles I have to deal with! ;)  I seem to have the theme song stuck in my head all day as I anticipate what's going to happen in future episodes. And I totally wish I had my own background singers going, "lalalala, lalalalala-la." as I'm trotting through town to tell someone something. =) 

"We're closing early! Chew it or lose it!"  Can anyone tell me which character said that, and why? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment