Monday, August 23, 2010

Jane's Big Day!



Jane's 7th birthday was August 4th. I can't believe our kids are getting so old! We had a full day. Late morning I took the kids to the mall (never a good idea) and headed to get a Build-a-Bear for Jane to pick one out. I think that place is a detriment to pocket books everywhere. But that's what Jane really wanted, so who was I to crush the b-day girl's dreams?

Then we had a few minutes to kill before lunch, so we went into Old Navy. The kids were all over the place and uncooperative, so we left quickly. I sure love my kids but I sure don't love taking them to stores.

We met Ryan at T.G.I.Friday's for lunch since the girls had earned certificates for free kids' meals at school. It was yummy.


Here are the girls at Old Navy. I know I cut off the words. Oops.


Here was my Jack Daniels chicken sandwich. It was good.


Ollie and Ryan chowing down on their food.


And the girls.

After we ate, Ryan went to work and we went home so Ollie could take a nap.

When Oliver woke up we went to my mom's house to hang out. I left the kids there while I went to pick up a couple o' Papa Murphy's pizzas and to Pastry Perfection to get Jane's requested donuts for dessert. I know, so healthy...

After dinner it was present time.

The adorable cup and saucer set I couldn't resist at IKEA. She likes it!


Giving Grandma Pinney a hug after opening the card from her. There was $5 inside!



Two cute shirts from Grandma Ann and Grandpa Brad.



And a lamb Webkinz, also from my mom.

We were in their living room/photo studio for the opening of presents. That's why there is a backdrop in the background. I guess it triples as a dining room, too, seeing as there is a table and chairs in there.


Cora liking the lamb.


We got Jane a new bike since the she outgrew and wore out her old second-hand one. It was the cutest one I could find, and not a bad deal at all.




Look at her go!


Donut time.


Don't mind if I do(nut)...


I think she was an acceptable birthday celebration. What's not to love about a new Build-A-Bear, yummy lunch and dinner, a spiffy new bicycle and sprinkle donuts?

1 comment:

  1. Ryan: So when we discuss getting Jane a bike, I think: we should get something reliable that she will like, but that Oliver can use later on when Jane out-grows it. Since I was either too lazy or too busy to be present to buy the present (bike), it looks like my good reasoning lost out to... cute.

    ReplyDelete