Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quotable Kids

Whenever my kids say something I find amusing, I quickly jot it down on paper so I get the wording right.

Last week Oliver was looking out the window and noted, "Mom, some trees in the backyard got naked!"

Jane was telling me about a friend she made at school. "We're exactly the same. We both like to scream for no reason, we both like to bounce, and we both don't like the mile run."

Oliver and I had just finished running errands one day, and he had been a particularly good boy. As we drove home I told him, "You were such a good sport!" He didn't take it as a compliment. "I'm not a spork!"

The other day as I followed Oliver into his room he asked, "Do you want to see how I can skip?" Before I had time to answer he added, "I can skip just like a super hero!"

I don't want to leave Cora out, so here's something from when she was 4. (I had to grab her baby book to help me remember.) Anyway, I guess she didn't like the smallish playground I drove to one day, 'cause she tartly remarked, "Baby parks are the stupidest, trashiest parks in the world."

Maybe these quotes are only funny to me. If so, then so be it. I'm just glad for any little thing that makes me giggle.

Here's a sweet one to end with...

When Cora was 2-1/2, I pointed to a world map on a bulletin board at church. I asked her what it was. She answered, "Heavenly Father's drawing".

How's that for a short blog post? I do realize most of my posts are way too stinking long!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to jot those things down right away! I need to start doing that as Kenley is starting to jabber away like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only one that thinks they are funny! Children are so innocent and serious when they say these things. I think that's what makes them so darn funny. I always get a laugh out of little ones comments. You could publish them in a few years and make a mint!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete