Sunday, January 8, 2012

New choo-choo train.

As I previously mentioned, Oliver got a train set from Grandpa Lytle for Christmas.

He's in love with it!

These pictures were taken the day after Christmas.


He got new Superman jammies, as his others had a big hole in the knee and were getting pretty ratty. I should have ordered one for every day of the week. When we're not going anywhere important, I let him keep his favorite outfit on. He gets a lot of attention when we're out and about. Almost everywhere we go, at least one person exclaims, "It's Superman!" He doesn't even seem to notice it anymore.
It's strange seeing him in jeans and a t-shirt because I'm so used to his Superman suit. When he's wearing anything else, he asks to change back into his prized jammies the instant we return home.

Being a human bridge.









It's a really sturdy train.







That day he didn't take a nap, it was after 5:00 PM, and he was mesmerized by the movement of the wheels on the track. He asked me for a pillow so he could lie down while watching the train pass by.

He kept staring at it, and staring at it... minute after minute...then he asked for a blanket... Not long after that, I peeked in to see this...



Sweet little sleepy boy. It wasn't even 6:00 PM. I didn't have the heart to wake him, so after a while I carried him up to his bed and he slept all night until around 8:30 the next morning. That's my boy. Such a good sleeper. I guess Christmas tuckered him out.

Anyway, the train is a fantastic addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment