Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oregonian Vacation, Day 3


The third day dawned. I went on a jog along the beach. It wasn't exactly the ethereal experience I had envisioned, but it was beautiful. Easy, breezy, and beautiful.

When I returned, Ryan set out on a jog of his own while I got ready for the day.

Later that morning we all spent a while enjoying the beach.

We swung.


I took a picture of my feet.

It was kind of a chilly day, but the sand was so toasty-warm and soft.







The outside temp was I think mid-'60s that day. Way too cold to be swimming in the much colder than mid-'60s ocean. And yet, there were crazy people loitering in the water. The three ladies in the background of these photos were busy wave jumping. They would not get out of the water! They were there for a long time. I was cold on the beach wearing a light jacket, clamdiggers, socks and shoes. I couldn't think of many reasons I would ever opt to be nearly naked in the frigid sea. Maybe if there was a cash prize, or perhaps if there was a huge sack of candy being swept slowly to sea and I was the only one around to rescue it. Maybe those three amigas were fulfilling a dare. That is the only logical explanation.


We built a sand castle using only our hands, and sticks we found on the beach.

The girls and I mostly helped with the moat and outer wall. Ryan did the majority of the castle.

We liked it.


Then we went back to the hotel to rummage for lunch before heading out for a walk.

Here's the view from our room.



And a couple of random shots from our walk.





At some point we went on the ever-popular carousel.


I rode along with them. The friendly operator guy noticed me trying to turn around and take pictures while the ride was in progress, so at its conclusion he offered to let my kids pose together for a better photo memory. (We were among the last to board, so we were scattered among the animals.)




Unfortunately, even with help, I was still unable to capture a good picture. =)


Later we went out for pizza.

Check out this cool gumball machine. I LOVED it. The color, the size, the retro look of it.

Cora looked really enthused about it.

The pizza was really good. We devoured it so fast I couldn't even pause to take a picture of its yumminess.

We dined in a back room by ourselves. After the pizza was consumed, Ryan noticed a memo on the piano that said it was okay to play on, and that it was over 100 years old. He took the liberty of playing a tune or two. He's getting really good at pianoing.


We ended the day by going for a swim in the hotel pool. The water was just right. We lucked out and had the whole place to ourselves for half an hour.

Only three more entries for this trip. . . Then I have a nice "random" post planned, along with some priceless pictures of Renee's birthday party. Get ready, get set.






No comments:

Post a Comment