Sunday, September 30, 2012

Floating Balloons and Kayaks

September commenced with the city's annual hot air balloon frenzy.

We went on Saturday, the 1st.    
Look at all the balloon silhouettes. Next year we'll have to go down into the park instead of watching from the rim. I should have remembered from last year that we'd be staring straight into the sun.

Sleepy Jane





A flock of birds mingling with the balloons



After that beauteous morning activity, we drove to Donnelly for more pretty time. My parents park their RV up on a friend's property during the warmer months of the year and go up there on the weekends, or whenever they feel like it. We decided to spend a large chunk of the day with them. By "we", I mean Ryan, me, Cora, Jane, and Oliver.

Brad (my stepdad) has like 5 kayaks.

My mom and Cora chillin' on the dock.


I love that Oliver will wear his bucket hat. He looks so sweet.

Cora? Is that you?


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the water was really shallow, maybe 1- 2 feet deep most of the way across.

My girls 


This was Jane's first time kayaking on her own. She did really well. I don't think I'd ever kayaked either, only canoed. << That word does not look right.

Careful!!!

Jane making it look easy


Paddling for our lives


Showcasing my best grandma face

Cora's safe arrival back to shore

My parents' home away from home. That's Grandpa Chet on the right, Brad's dad.


After we were finished kayaking, we drove to McCall for dinner at My Father's Place, per Brad's suggestion. Then we headed home by about 8pm. It didn't seem like we were there for 9 hours, but we were. I guess it's true that time flies . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment