Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My baby is 5


Ollie had a jolly birthday on Sunday, October 28th. He's growing up too darn fast for his mama. 
 
We have 9:00 church, so we waited until afterward to let him open presents. I was surprised how patient he was.

He picked the biggest gift first. Naturally.

 


Notice Jane's reaction. =)

 
A neato sea creatures set!

 

 
My apologies for the shadowy pictures. It was all happening so quickly I didn't have my wits about me to move him away from the bright light behind him. My mom would be so ashamed of me.


On to the next present...
A cool great white/ killer whale set. I think he liked it. =)

An Optimus Prime that's easy to transform.

Hooray for birthday presents!

Later that evening, we had lots of family over for a pizza dinner (Oliver's fave), cake and ice cream. It was good to have everyone come to our house and hang out. My brother in law, Eric (the super chef) was gracious enough to make a huge vat of pizza dough so we could all enjoy various homemade pizza pies.

Oliver & Fletcher, with Paislie in the background

I took the easy approach on his b-day cake. Stick a couple of sharks on it, make it remotely resemble a fake ocean, and call it ready to consume.

Oliver was not so patient about waiting to remove the new hammerhead from the cake. He kept asking me if he could, and he just didn't understand why I wanted him to wait until after everyone arrived and finished eating dinner. Mommy won this battle.
 
 





 

Off with the shark.


I never thought I'd make sea urchins out of sprinkles. It just kind of ... happened.

It was a good day, and I believe little Oliver was satisfied with it all.

I'd been assuring him that a trip to the aquarium was on the horizon, so the morning after his birthday I took him and his BFF from across the street to see all the sea animals there. They were so entranced by the sharks that they barely looked at anything else.


I love the seahorses!

And that concludes my account of Oliver's birthday festivities.

And now I will prodeed to pick up/hold/snuggle/hang out with my little guy as much as he'll let me until the day he won't let me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment