Sunday, November 4, 2012

Expensive Kid

During the past year, Oliver has:

1. Lost my wedding ring. It happened last November, and it's still missing. =/

2. Broken my camera. What makes it worse is I watched it happen. =/ That camera served me well for about 5 years.

3. Crippled my netbook. I came upstairs a couple of weeks ago and saw that it had *somehow* fallen on the floor when in the open position. Holding my breath and hoping for the best, I tenderly scooped it up to assess the damage. It still turns on and will go online, but the screen is all wonky. =(  I don't know if it's repairable. Ryan said I could bring our old monster-sized monitor out of the garage and plug it into that. While that's a nice thought, it would kind of defeat the purpose of possessing a perfectly compact little computer. The good news is, he was able to transfer all my photos to another computer.
I have another laptop I can use, but it's a lot bigger and heavier than what I prefer to have resting on my lap. And it's really noisy.
Yeah, I know. Cry me a river... But I miss my netbook...




You know those pie charts researchers make when calculating the average cost of raising a child? They should include a dollar estimate of all the possessions that could possibly be broken by that child.

Oh well . . . It's just stuff, right?

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we better start to put aside some extra savings now that we have a boy! I guess it is the trade off for not having the emotions that girls do.

    ReplyDelete