Sunday, February 10, 2013

Like Mom Always Said...

Sometimes I wonder what my kids will say of me in the future. What will they remember most about their mommy? How I treated them ... what I said to them and about others ... how I presented myself?

What kind of impression do I make on their lives?

How will they complete the sentence: Like Mom always said... ?  Will they be able to fill in the blank with anything noteworthy?

Hmmm...

Other than the predictable (yet sincere) spoutings of "I love you", I think I'm in trouble. The only phrases I say frequently enough that they might recall later are:

1. Lump up and get dressed!

2. Put on a wonderful outfit!

3. Time to hop/jump out the door!

4. Will you please unload the deeshwarsher (dishwasher)?

5. Be careful! (Has this phrase ever in the history of childhoods made a kid take extra safety precautions?)

It's not as though I don't ever say useful or uplifting things to them. I just don't have any good signature sayings; things to say regularly that will be worth repeating and remembering.

I think I need to come up with some.






1 comment:

  1. You are a truly, entertaining writer. Thanks for making me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete