Monday, March 14, 2011

Necklaces!

I have a thing for necklaces. I have a modest collection of very inexpensive neckwear. I don't remember ever paying more than $10.00 for any piece of jewelry. What can I say? I'm a clearance fiend!

The first picture below is not one of my necklaces, but I wanted to include it here.

Cora fashioned this out of stretchy, clear string and an acorn. It looks so darn cute on her. It's just so "Cora".



Here's one I recently got. I like it because it looks kind of vintage-y, and I think it's pretty. It has matching earrings as an added bonus.



The lighting wasn't good in this photo. The rose on the right is a creamy pink in real life, not peachy. I got it at Pier1 for under $8.00. I love its femininity. I also like spelling that word. Femininity.



I don't wear this one very much, but I like it. I just love flowers.



Got this one at Claire's for around $5.00. I don't know why, but I have this need to always report where I got stuff and what deal I got on it. I'm sure it's annoying to everyone, but I'm just happy about my thrifty purchases. I don't want people thinking I paid a million dollars for a dumb necklace.



This one is currently broken, dang it. Good thing I got it at Claire's for $1.00! It's a teapot with a separate dangling cup and saucer. I love mini things.




I normally really don't care for the yellow gold look, (believe me, this isn't real gold. It's from Claire's. Also, it was about $6.00....) but I made an exception with this necklace because of the happy, pretty colors throughout. I like its design and it reminds me of spring, my favorite season.


I found this at Fred Meyer a while back. Yes, on killer clearance... Why do I like so many things that nobody else wanted? Do I have poor taste in things? Or does everyone else? I guess it all boils down to one truth: "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." Amen to that, Confucius.

No comments:

Post a Comment