Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hoppy Easter

 
I'm getting kind of behind on my normal posts. So here's Easter.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
The day before Easter, the kids dyed some eggies.
 

 
Cousin Ethan happened to be over that day.
 

 
Oliver has recently reinstated his daily cape-wearing.









Cora's cute egg faces.
 




 
 
Prior to the egg decorating, Cora and I spent a fair portion of the day making royal icing flowers that would end up on my Easter cake. I wanted to try something new this year, and that thing was to attempt piping flowers. I watched a bunch of instructional videos and gave it a shot. Frosting is trickier than one would think. I think I'll try the buttercream kind next time. The royal icing turned out to not be very forgiving.
 
I was mad at myself for once again not leaving myself enough time to decorate my cake as carefully as I'd hoped. I knew I should have stayed up half the night rather than leave it until after church to put together. But I couldn't because I needed to make more frosting in order to work on the cake, and I couldn't do that after everyone went to bed, knowing that the electric mixer would make a major racket and likely wake the family.
 
I guess I was just glad I'd baked the cake the day before and premade most of the flowers.
 
I originally wanted to have one of the peeps flying a kite, but the clock was ticking faster than my slothful hands could keep up with.
 
 
Don't ask me how I messed up the sky on the right side. I honestly don't know why I let that slide.
 
Maybe it wasn't like that until the sugar sun's hot rays warped it.
 
 
 

I knew at least a week in advance that I wanted to add some daffodils to this year's creation. Because they're my very favorite flower. I practically drive off the road every time I see a lovely cluster of them in someone's landscaping. They are everywhere! Seriously, my heart turns a happy shade of yellow whenever I notice some.
 
 
We went to Easter dinner at my parents' house.
 
Then the big kids hid eggs in the backyard for the littles to find.
 
We'll let Jane be little for a while longer. =) Can't believe she'll be 10 this summer. =/
 


Paislie, Lillia, and Ella


 
 
Oliver found a shark egg!
 



The eggs they make these days are so cute!




 
 


Maisie and Ruby
 
 





The big kids; Ethan, Cora, and Isaac






It was a nice time as usual, then we went home and I took a picture of the first daffodil to appear in our yard this season.
 
And it bloomed on Easter, just for me.  =)






1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great Easter. The cake is beautiful. I love, love, love Daffodils too, I need to plant some. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete