Monday, April 8, 2013

The Awkward Years

 
Sick of the "Shannon as a kid" pictures yet?  Good news. Only two more (short) posts of them.
 


It'd be a shame to leave these bangs out of the kid pix mix...
 

My stepsister Chelsie introduced us to this sweet styling technique (two curls up, one curl down). And of course I had to get a perm like her, too.  I was just explaining to Jane the other day what a perm is. =)  I think I'm about 12 here.
 
 
Sometimes you have to choose between fashionable and comfy. Other times those two worlds seamlessly collide...
 

 Concerned that the blousy, pleated stretch pants weren't trendy enough on their own, I tossed a matching sweatshirt around me to complete this flawless ensemble.
Not sure if the pose is a joke or not... ;)
 

I know for certain this one wasn't...
 
And neither were the stonewashed jeans. They were all kinds of serious.
(The above pic was taken at Grandma and Grandpa McCaleb's house in Phoenix.)
 

The last few are from when I was 10 or 11.
There was nothing written on the back of the snapshots. =(
 

Me with Frodo (aka Scooter). He was such a cute kitty.
It's impossible to tell by looking at the picture, but I'm wearing a little ceramic teddy bear pin with my name on it.
 

Failed attempt at getting both pets in one shot. When my mom married Brad (25 years ago!) his Old English Sheepdog also came to live with us. I've never been a "dog person", but Lizzy was sweet.
 
 

I remember begging my mom for this denim skirt/vest combo from Shopko. I can't recall what I did to ultimately deserve this treasure of an acid-washed fashion set, but it was obviously well worth my efforts.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I just relaxed this is the perm post. So back to the last post then,thanks for the wild waters photo!

    You look just like Stephanie from Full House in this post. Especially the photo of you holding the cat and looking down at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't beg their mom for that combo?!? And if we had known each other, I would've been SUPER jealous of your bangs. I was never satisfied with the size of my bangs. And I agree with you looking like Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete