Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Before and After

 
 
Haha. I tricked you into opening another one of my posts about flowers. =)
 
But it's a good one, especially if you like before and after pictures . . . of flowers.
 
 
The photo below was taken in June, shortly after planting time. 


 Same spot, 3 months later . . .
 


 Look how much they filled out!  I think this is where the term "flower power" came from. 
If it's not, then it should be.
 
 
I totally blew my chance to take a "before" picture of the flower bed underneath this sentence.
 
 
Believe me when I say it looked pitiful at first - big old spaces between each single plant.
But it gradually expanded into one huge, happy glob of glory.
 

 
******************************
 
I wanted to throw in some close-ups of some o' my faves . . .
 



 
 
I looooove these moss roses. I can't get enough of this particular color combo. This is the basket hanging right outside our kitchen window.
 It's been a welcome distraction as I warsh the daily dishes. 


***********************************************
 
 
 
I planted this pot of gold (and purple and white) back in June as well. It is comprised of flowers I got with a Franz Witte gift card Maria gave me last year on my birthday. Thanks, Maria!
 



I love the stripey effect on these precious yellow treasures. 
 
 
As the summer progressed, this bucket of bliss spilled out all over the edges.
 
The best kind of mess.





Can you stand one more "before and after" set?
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
_____________________________________________
 
==============================
 
*******************
 
If you're still here, take a look. If not, fine . . .  I'm sorry you don't like my thousands of flower posts.
 
 
Both pics below are the same pot.
 

 
The white carnations slowly got choked out by all the zinnias and moss roses around the sides.
 
But that's okay. I enjoyed the carnations while they lasted.
And I am still pleased with the zinnias' perfectly proportionate petals.
 


Better bask in the remaining blossomic beauty of our yard before the cold kills it all.
 
=======================================
 
{I heart flowers}


2 comments:

  1. I love flowers! Hence my daughter's name! Your yard is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a green thumb you have! I have a strange obsession where I have to buy a flower or bulbs every single time we go to a store that sells either of those things. The good thing with planting hundreds of bulbs is that if any don't grow, I don't know since I don't even remember what is where anymore. If only I could enjoy the actual garden so much.

    ReplyDelete