Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wonder Bunnies!


We went ahead and got two precious bunnies on August 7th.
 
The idea originally spawned a few months ago when I opened my big yapper about a family from our church who was trying to find homes for their unexpected litter of bunnies.  Suggesting rabbits as a pet option was my desperate attempt to steer the kids (and Ryan) away from the idea that they want a dog.  I know in my heart that they truly don't want a dog.  Mainly because I have told them that they can either have ME or a dog, but not both. ;)
 
So I took Cora to see the bunnies. She decided right away that she would like to have one.  But we weren't quite ready for any. 
 
 Over the next few weeks, Cora and Jane somehow convinced Ryan to commence construction on a hutch. That process took at least a couple of weeks. But then we still weren't ready to get bunnies since we had a couple of family trips planned and we didn't want to find a sitter for brand new babies.
 
 After our Oregon trip, we were set at last.
 
We'd done the research to decide what kind of bunnies to get, how to care for them, etc.
 
We knew we had to get two bunnies since they are social creatures. The day finally arrived to get them. I was admittedly a little mad at myself for even bringing up the idea of pet bunnies.
I worried that they wouldn't be friendly.
 
Long story short, I stopped fretting after the first day of having these sweet wee ones. They seemed a little nervous at first, but not for long.
 
Here they are...



We can't get over how cuuuuute they are!
 

 
 They are Holland Lops. They were five weeks old when we took them home from Zamzows.
They were a lucky find. We had specifically decided on this breed, and they had just arrived at the store a couple of days earlier. Perfect timing! I am so glad we got these two.

 
I love it when they stand up like that! It's like they're trying to fit in with us humans -- only they are WAY cuter than we are.
 

 
I'm so glad they seem to like us! We've had them for just over a month now.
 
 

 
Awwwww....
 
 

 
I'm seriously in bunny love with them.  The girls decided to name the white and tan one Mable and the gray one is Mimi.
(We are almost positive they are both girls. I guess we will find out soon if all our sources are wrong. But so far, so good.)
 

Look at those feet!  =)
 
 

 
I wonder if they have any clue how cute they look from behind.
 
 


 
They are so soft and cuddly!
 
 
 
 
See what I'm talking about?!  The gray one's little face is a perpetual picture of innocence. Sometimes, like in this picture, she doesn't even look real.
 
 
 

 
We are all so happy with the fluffy, sweet,  quiet  new additions to our family.
They are like tiny rays of sunshine upon our souls. Yes, they've hopped their way into our hearts. And I'm not even exaggerating.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. They are two of the cutest, sweetest little bunnies I have ever seen!! Oh my goodness, they are so adorable! I am so happy you got them. I can only imagine how much fun they are! That means we have to come back again sometime so we can see them. So fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete