Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Romeo & Juliet


Back in November my nephew Isaac played a significant role in his high school's production of Romeo & Juliet. He was Friar Laurence. Cora and I gladly attended the Friday evening performance. We met Erin, Barry, Ethan, and my parents there. After the show, Erin invited us to their house for some yummy brownies and ice cream.

We were impressed with the amount of lines he had to memorize, and most of them weren't simple or short. He and the rest of the actors did a great job, and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing them on stage.




Being the lame aunt I am, I forgot to take a picture of Isaac.


Whenever I hear about this particular Shakespeare play, I can't help but think of a makeshift MadLib a friend once created for me. He chose this famous scene and took out various words, replacing them with words I supplied. Neither of us had a clue what hilarity would ensue.

Here, just read it and see for yourself...


But, soft! what casserole through yonder window bathes?
It is the east, and Shannon is the goose.
Arise, fair sun, and blush the embarrassing moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou her dress art far more frumpy than she:
Be not her maid, since she is mangled;
Her lunch livery is but sick and beige
And none but hammer do wear it; arrange it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my bomb!
O, that she knew she were!
She stirs yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her femur discourses; I will attack it.
I am too ginormous, 'tis not to me she trembles:
Two of the scrumptious stars in all the smackerel,
Having some business, do entreat her groin
To twinkle in their poptarts till they return.
What if her boob were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her thumb would shame those blankies,
As daylight doth a knapsack; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so unbelievable
That cheerio would whisper and think it were not night.
See, how she yells her cheek upon her shoulder!
O, that I were a flesh upon that hand,
That I might undress that cheek!


=) I had a hard time telling which were the original words and which were my offerings. (What can I say, I have a bad memory and tend to confuse easily.)

On that note,
"Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow
that I shall say good night till it be morrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment