Sunday, January 18, 2015

Summer So n' Such


Now that we're about halfway between last summer and this upcoming summer, I will proceed to share a small collection of phone photos from the tail end of Summer 2014.

I took Oliver to the park one evening as a storm formed. Seemed like a good idea.


Summer storms are the best. Oliver's not so bad either. =)



The end of August/start of September means hot air balloon time. It's more than worth it to get the fam up at 6:00 and drive across town for a whole lotta beauty in sky. I need to figure out how to get someone to take me for a ride, especially during a mass launching like this. Can you imagine?



Picture you and me in whichever one of those balloons you want to. 
(Except the boring Remax one. =)






The chance arose for me to take Cora and Jane to the Discovery Center one mid-morning. We saw the impressive DaVinci exhibit and then played in the bubbles for a bit.







Later that day (I can't remember where the girls went instead) Shirley and I took the little bunch of cousins to that special spot by the river.





They worked for a while collecting all those rocks.



A few other things we enjoyed that I want to mention rather than totally forget:

We took a Lytle day trip to Roaring Springs. That's always a blast.

We also went on a quick camp trip to Silver Creek Plunge with an assortment of Ryan's family. It wasn't the best because it ended up pouring rain on us during a thunder storm, and it continued much of the night. But it could have been worse. =)  I do always enjoy mountain drives.

Cora joined a sand volleyball team through the Y and had a lot of fun with that. She learned that it's a little trickier than playing indoors. It was fun cheering her on at her weekly games.

I'm tired, so that's all I remember of summer for tonight. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment