Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pictures of the Kitchen


My kitchen is as done as it's going to be for the time being. Sometime, maybe sooner than later, I'd like to paint (or have my step-dad paint) the cabinets white. I don't really like the current color, and I think it would look so pretty to have white cabinets. No color went well with this shade of wood. I was trying to pick a color that would coordinate with the cabinets, but after a fair amount of hand-wringing, I gave up and just chose a color I liked.


I painted the kitchen blue. Sea Exposure blue. I think it looks nice and fresh with the green living room. The combination makes me happy. I've gotten many compliments on the colors (even from men!) so I know it's not just me being crazy thinking it looks decent.

I should note that I painted many months ago, and am just now getting "done" decorating. I kinda got burned out for a while there.

I had to throw in some artichokes somewhere in the decor (on this wall and the wall on the other side of the sliding door). I just wish they were real- and in my mouth!


I found this table runner on clearance at TJ Maxx. It may not have been right for anyone else's kitchen, but it was perfect for mine! Just the right shades of green and blue.



I hunted everywhere for curtains, and I didn't find any that totally met my expectations, but I did like these inexpensive panels from Target. I like the scribbles. They look better when they're open; I just closed them here to show the design.


I love the blue next to the white trim.


I love this print. The little trees and old-timey folk sitting around. Not sure what they call it... I spray painted the frame and cut scrapbook paper to fit each space. I think I might need to start trying something other than the "scrapbook paper as art" thing. This will have to do until I start being more crafty.


Still looking for a cute chair to put at the desk. I need to hit some more thrift stores and find something to spray paint.


I finally got around to hanging the IKEA picture shelves a couple of weeks ago. Yay! They've only been sitting unloved in the laundry room since spring.

The totally cute tiered cabinet was Becky's... I think of her whenever I look at it.


I got the black&white flower prints at IKEA as well. The plain white picture is from Hobby Lobby. (Just trying to give credit where credit is due.) I spray painted all the frames except for the one on the cabinet. They were all old and ugly colors. I love what a little paint can do!



I am really excited about houndstooth lately; even before I started seeing it everywhere. (You should see the adorable shoes I got for $10 at Burlington Coat Factory!)



I got these dishes on clearance at Marshalls; $5 for the set of 4. I thought they were so cute. And I couldn't believe they were black, white and green. Success!

I'm liking how the kitchen is looking. Since I'm in there so much, it's nice to like what I'm seeing. It motivates me to keep things nice and tidy. At least for now... ;)


4 comments:

  1. I love it all! It makes me want to paint some fun colors in my house... almost, until I think about the actual painting part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! So bright and airy. The shelves turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute paint colors! and i LOVE your ikea shelf wall. love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete