Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jane Got Baptized On My Birthday.

Jane's baptism day happened to be on September 3rd, my birthday.

That morning I went with my mom and Megan to get my first pedicure. It was my mom's first time as well. I think Megan was only slightly embarrassed by our inexperience. The part where the gal used the pumice stone on the bottoms of my feet tickled like crazy! I could hardly stand it. I tried to hold still and keep a straight face, but I fooled no one. =) I did enjoy the rest of the procedure. Most of it was relaxing and nice. I picked a sparkly blue polish. It turned out really pretty.

My feet that evening.


The rest of the afternoon went by quickly. Before long, it was time for Jane to be at the church for her baptism. She was excited, and we were excited for her. Lots of our family came to support Jane, taking up most of one side of the chapel.


Janey and Dad


Mom and Jane


When Jane came out of the water she blurted, "That was weird!" I think she must have been referring to the feeling of wearing a soaking wet jumpsuit.

I don't remember much about the confirmation because, right in the middle of it, a group of people went into the kitchen (which was right next to the room we were in) and started talking loudly, checking the fridge, etc. Oh well. I'm sure Jane heard what her dad was saying.


Afterward, most of our family went back to our house to wait for the Flying Pie pizzas that Megan and I went to pick up. It was soooo yummy.

Then it was time for cake and ice cream. Everyone sang to me.

Dang back lighting.


Me trying to decide which wish to make.



Either I thought of the perfect wish, or my arm is engulfed in flames.




That was a lot of work and a lot of smoke.



Loved ones engrossed in dessert.


Isaac, Ethan and Jane hanging out upstairs.


Jackie (Ryan's sister) with her little daughter, Tomi.


The birthday girl.

It was an all around great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wait. . . you got your first pedicure without me!?!? I guess I will have to experience my first with someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jane! And congrats to you on your first pedi! I still have yet to have that experience. I have weird toenails and toes, so I'm too self conscious to do it. I think I fb you on your birthday, but happy birthday late anyway!

    ReplyDelete