Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beautiful Balloons


Bright and early Friday, September 2nd, we went to Ann Morrison Park to see the mass hot air balloon launch. Actually, we drove to the rim overlooking the park. I figured the experience would be more visually stunning from there. I was determined this year to finally have our family make it to this event. Jane was dragging her feet about going because she was so sleepy. I should have taken a picture of her face when we got out of the car and she first saw the balloons taking off. I knew she'd be glad she got up early to come. =)


When we arrived just before 7:30, there were only a few airborne balloons. The rest were still assembled in the park.



I played with the picture editing on this one.



The sun's position was making it tricky to look at the balloons, let alone get any pictures. Until there was a balloon eclipse.



And another one.






I think I was trying to coax Jane to stand with us for a picture.


Ignore my hair, admire the balloons.


Ryan had just been told he couldn't have a balloon ride. ;)



Cora enjoying some cocoa.







Oliver liked the "Captain America" balloon.






I was on cloud nine seeing all the balloons! It was so worth getting up (much) earlier than normal to be there.



This was my favorite balloon.

We stayed until it was time to take the girls to school. It was a lovely morning activity, in spite of the bad hair and grumpy faces. =) Can't wait until next year! But I guess I'll have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment