Monday, September 26, 2011

I Have a 10-Year-Old.

Cora-babe's 10th birthday was August 19th. She invited two friends and her cousin Malory to her party, and Jane got to bring the neighbor girl since Cora took a friend to Jane's party two weeks earlier.

I'd planned on taking the group of girls to play mini golf while Ryan stayed home with a napping Oliver, but I didn't get everything set up on time, so I ended up sending Ryan with the party while I stayed home to finish preparing the food and stuff. Now I can't remember if Oliver ended up napping that afternoon or not.



They had a fun time while I was home preparing for their return.



It looks so quiet and tidy.



Cora decided on Subway sandwiches for the meal. (I really, really wish my brother wouldn't have had to close his Gandolfo's Deli. Really.) Subway's not bad, unless you've had Gandolfo's to compare it with... Anyway, I picked up a bunch of the $5 footlongs, cut them into smaller sections, and served them on a platter. Then I assembled a fruit tray, poured some chips into a bowl, and my work was done.



All the hungry kids. Oliver, Jane, Cora, Emma, Malory, Kara, and Keisha in back(making a really weird face) .



We were waiting around for my parents and Ryan's parents to arrive before we ate, but I finally decided to just let the poor kids go ahead and eat.




Cora wanted donuts instead of birthday cake, so I got some and stacked them up to resemble a cake. I lucked out and Walmart had cute pink, white, and brown sprinkled donuts that day. I was pretty happy about that.

Cora doesn't like it when everyone is looking at her.





Opening presents.

It was a fun party, but it was over too soon. All Cora's guests had already had other plans for the evening , so they couldn't stay. We just hung out as a family for the rest of the day. I think we watched a movie, but I can't remember which one. Ahhh, fuzzy memories...

I feel very lucky to have such a fun, happy, smart, responsible daughter like Cora.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you really have a 10 year old. Cora really is such a sweet, cute girl. What a fun party! I didn't know Gavin had to close his deli. . . how sad!!! I love the idea of buying the sandwiches though and letting someone else do the work. Your house looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete