Sunday, September 11, 2011

Giraffes! Oh, and the kids...

On July 7, the kids and I went to the Boise Art Museum and the zoo with my mom and Fletcher.
The museum had a really neat shoe exhibit. There were shoes of all kinds, made of all kinds of fancy materials, by all kinds of artists. Opportunities for breakage encircled us. We found out very quickly that taking two 3-year-olds to an art exhibit where most of the pieces were so alluring and easy to reach out and touch was not such a good idea. I couldn't handle the stress of worrying that one of them might grab something and ruin it, so I ended up taking the boys outside while my mom, Cora and Jane finished looking at everything.


Fletch and Ollie lounged on the grass as we waited.


Soon, the girls and my mom came out of the museum to meet us.

We went to the zoo...

The kids always like watching the prairie dogs. I don't know what happened to the pictures of them, but I'm 99% sure these are meerkats.

Cute little fella.


I've always thought meerkats were cute.


I can never get a good picture of the lions.


Oliver's looking disoriented at the wheel.



The obligatory egg photo op.


"Cheep! Cheep!"


I wouldn't ordinarily rent a stroller, but Oliver was missing his nap to attend the zoo, so I thought it would be in everyone's best interest to just let the sleepy boy ride!




Pretty birds...


He looked at me! I wonder if I look as awesome to him as he looks to me. ;) In case anyone forgot, giraffes are my fave.


Some guy about to get scolded by a zoo worker for feeding the giraffe.




Now, if only the dang fence would get out of the way so I could get some better pictures.

I didn't take as many pictures of the animals this time. Just go to the zoo if you want to see them.

It was a nice afternoon. Next time I need to remember to get a picture of my mom. She really was there, I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment