Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Fun-Filled 4th.

I know the 4th of July was over 2 months ago. But it was such a fantastic 4th, I can't not mention it.
For the first time in over 20 years I got to spend the holiday with all three of my biological siblings! It was kind of a last-minute thing, too. Our usual 4th plans with Ryan's family were disrupted, so we were left wondering what to do. So I invited Gavin and his family and Erin and her family over for dinner at our house, with the plan of driving down to the park for the fireworks afterward. I thought Megan and her gang were still going to be out of town, but I learned late that afternoon that they'd be back after all. Woo-hoo! We had hotdogs, Gavin's homemade deli-style potato salad, and I forget what else. We hung out for a while until it was time to go secure a spot under the 4th of July sky.

We got to the park in time to get super seats. We played a few Madlibs while we waited for dusk. I was flattered when a gal walked by us, telling her pal that we were smart to have brought Madlibs to pass the time. (It was my idea.) We snacked on cheese curds and my home-baked snickerdoodles. If I would have read the package beforehand, I would have let the cheese get a little warm so it would have been squeaky. Oh well, it still tasted good.

Cora minding her own business.


Gavin and Maisie.



I was trying to get a picture of Gav wearing his straw hat, but Maisie kept grabbing it off. I gave up trying.


Cora, Jane, Ethan and Isaac.



Most of the gang. Gavin's wife and their little baby girl opted to not attend the fireworks portion of the evening. And Erin's husband had to go to work. We missed them.



Had to borrow these two shots (above and below) from Mike's Facebook collection. Somehow I didn't have any with Megan in them. Or me. Either way, my face was a no-show that night. That's okay, I like just being in the background.


Awww, Meg and Fletch.

The fireworks were astounding. I didn't take pictures of them because they never turn out. For that reason I opted to just lie back and enjoy the show.

It was a fun-filled 4th, a momentous occasion for the 4 McCaleb kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment