Sunday, March 25, 2012

More March

As I was hurrying to get to sleep on time the night of my recent post, I realized I failed to mention one of the tastiest parts of March. I must've become sidetracked while uploading photos. Don't worry, here's a picture of the not-to-be-forgotten bacon cheeseburger pizza from Papa Murphy's.

When I first saw the commercial for it, I thought, Pickles on pizza? Before I could object, my brain embraced the concept. Oh, pickles on pizza!
I tried it as soon as the opportunity arose. It's good! It tastes like a cheeseburger. It has a zesty burger sauce that's really yummy. I'm worried it will only be available for a limited time. =/ We've bought it twice so far. =) I love pickles. But they have to be dill. Sweet pickles, bread&butter pickles, etc., are disgusting!

--> I'm getting ready to paint and decorate our front room, finally! I'm in the process of deciding which color to do. I was sick all last week, but the last two days I've felt fantastic. I sound normal again. If I hadn't gotten ill, I think I would've had the whole painting project done by now. Instead I rested while reading "The Hunger Games" trilogy. I'm kind of stuck in the middle of the third book. It's going a bit slower than the first two, and isn't keeping my attention very well. I started reading them because I wanted to know what all the hype was about, and to be ready for the movie. I think they're well-written stories, and I like them. But truthfully, I just want to finish the last book so I can do something else with my self-appointed spare time. I'm not a very fast reader, and some of that comes from my being easily distracted. I find myself constantly monitoring the thickness of pages I have left.

--> On the 15th, Renee and I took Maria out for a two-days-late celebration of her birthday. She suggested we see a movie and get dessert, so we saw "The Vow", then went to Shari's for something to eat. It was after 11:00pm. We lamented the fact that everywhere good closes early. Shari's food wasn't bad, this time. I'm sure it was enhanced by our really moist conversation, which covered all sorts of fun topics. From our window seat we saw a sporty black car pull up with a huge decal on the windshield- The Punisher. As we wondered what makes a person decide to put something like that on a car, I could have sworn I saw it move a parking spot closer to us. Ack! And the driver wasn't even in it.
When it was time to pay up, we had a lengthy discussion with the waitress about oatmeal. She raved about it for longer than I've ever heard anyone talk about it, letting us in on all of her favorite ways to prepare it.
I can hardly wait until the next time we get together!

--> My mommy turned 60 on March 1st. I hope looking that good at 6 decades is genetic! She rocks her longish sleek silver hair, and she's still so cute. And I don't mean that in a "cute little grandma" way. A while back, she had some older ladies come up to her in the mall and tell her how great she looked in her jeans.

--> Maria, her husband, and their 2-year-old girl are expecting a baby boy in July! Yay! I'm so eager to meet this little guy.

--> My sister Megan, her husband, and their 4-year-old boy are expecting baby #2 in October. This revelation was completely unexpected by everyone except them! What joyous news!

--> Jane was accepted into Pioneer School of the Arts for next year! It's a magnet school, so they determine enrollment by way of lottery. I think it will be great for her, seeing as she's so creative and artistic. I wanted her to go there when we moved in, seeing as it's within walking distance from our house, but they didn't have any open spots in the middle of the year and blah, blah, blah... I just hope she likes it there, 'cause she doesn't seem to like her current school.

-->I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that Cora will begin middle school (6th grade) next fall. She's not so sure about it. If we were in the Boise school district, she'd still get another year of elementary school... I don't think I'm ready for what's ahead. She's already demonstrating some nice mood swings. But usually I can just give her some food and she's happy.

Getting ready to go eat Sunday dinner at Mom's house with the whole happy bunch. =) Yummy salad bar tonight.





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE pickles on pizza! When I was in Bulgaria we always had it and it wasn't even cheeseburger pizza. It was just a normal topping!

    And I had a hard time with the 3rd book as well. I kept getting lost in the action scenes and I finally decided they would have to make a movie so I could figure out what was really happening!

    ReplyDelete