Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Three Gals' Goals

Maria had some goals she needed motivation to stick with, so she thought sharing them with Renee and me would envelop her in a sense of accountability. She sent us her goals for the month and encouraged us to come up with our own three aspirations and email them to each other.
We met for lunch on the first of the month to discuss rules and rewards. I can't remember exactly what we decided. All I know is I think this friendly encouragement is just what I needed. Six days in and I haven't flunked yet. I'm glad Maria came up with this idea.

My goals for this month are:

1. Go to bed by 11:30 on nights I am home.
So far I am doing perfectly. There have been a couple of days when my head hit the pillow at 11:30 on the dot, and it honestly remained there until morning. I like to stay up late, but I just don't have a good reason to. I feel like I made myself look older than I should at 33 simply by staying up too late too frequently.

2. Read at least one scripture per day and think about it for longer than ten seconds afterward.
This is something I've slacked on for a few years. I know one scripture a day is a wimpy goal. I just chose it so I would feel extra accomplished when I read a bunch more verses than I planned on. And since our challenge began, I haven't had a day when I stopped at one verse.

3. Exercise at least twenty minutes a day, six days a week.
This is one I haven't been outdoing myself on. I bought Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. Each workout is about 20 minutes long, and it's about all I can muster. It's tough stuff.

Anyway, I think this is the beginning of a lot of beautiful monthly goals.

I disappoint myself regularly, but when my friends know what I'm working on it gives me that extra push I never knew I needed. I don't want to know what my punishment will be if I slip up on my goals. I mean, have you seen Maria and Renee lately?!

2 comments:

  1. Maria or Renee- Sorry about my false info about the day we met for lunch. I forgot it was a few days before the 1st, though we did get together on the 1st as well at Maria's. I got mixed up. I remembered the real sequence of events after I'd turned off the computer, but my bedtime was quickly approaching, so I couldn't get back on to fix it! I'm sure you care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care a TON! Oh. . . and your bit about punishment made me think that it should be related to the dares we were talking about at the park. Whoever doesn't do it has to do all the dares the others give on a particular night out. :)

    ReplyDelete