Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fab Feb

Well, I'm feeling majorly bummed tonight, so I thought I'd work on another post.

I don't want to go to bed, since my dreams are usually confusing and frustrating, so here I am. I took a Sunday afternoon nap with Oliver today, and dreamed that the pipes under our kitchen sink were spouting water everywhere and ruining the wood. In the same dream I was sleeping next to the box of chocolate chip cookies I was planning to give (in real life) as part of a birthday gift to my nephew. My warmth rubbed off on the cookies and made them all misshaped and soggy. Then someone alerted me to the fact that there was a topless picture of me on my Facebook page. I couldn't get online to delete it fast enough.
Geesh. I think I'll skip the nap next time. The dream sequence felt so real, when I woke up I had to check under the sink for any leakage. I was relieved to see the box of cookies on the counter where I'd left them, safe and sound. I didn't have time to check Facebook before rounding up the family to go eat dinner at my mom's, so let me know if you see any topless pics of me floating around on there.

Since Feb is ending, I'll throw in a few pics and highlights from the month.

Here's what our tub looks like most of the time. If it were up to Oliver, he'd be in there twice a day.



Here are some pics of my V-day cookies that I took to family dinner on Sunday the 12th.



I wish I'd had a few more hours to decorate. I had to rush on about half of them because I didn't leave myself enough time. For me, it's all in the details.
I didn't have as much cookie deco time because I decided to go to choir practice that Sunday for the first time. I'd been meaning to go for a while. I know I'm a slacker, but they used to have practice in the a.m. before one o'clock church, and I could never quite get there. Now that we have early church, the practices are at two, which is much more doable. It made me feel good when the director and others seemed genuinely happy to see me show up. One good brother told me he was glad I could make it and said, "I bet you have a nice voice." That didn't make me blush or anything.

I think the pic below was taken Sunday the 5th. I was playing some hymns after church for a while, and Ryan must've felt like he needed evidence that I was actually playing the piano, since it very rarely happens, so he grabbed the camera.

Little did I know, a few weeks later I'd get a new calling to play piano in Relief Society. This is in addition to my calling as a Wolf Den Leader.



Five 500-piece puzzles we assembled.
Right around Christmas time, Ryan and Cora started putting together the sea turtle puzzle. All five of these came in a set. Over about a month and a half, Cora, Ryan and I all worked sporadically on these until they were done. I like puzzles. They're kind of relaxing for me, and I love the feeling I get when the pieces fit together. Even when I resort to using a hammer to make them fit. ;)
We left them out on the table for a couple of weeks, using them as placemats at dinner. Then I got sick of them being on display, so I took them apart and put them away.

On Friday the 17th, I got to go to dinner and a movie with my sisters and mom. We went to Don Diego's to eat, then to see The Woman In Black. It was just scary enough to be entertaining to watch, but not scary enough to carry a case of the willies home with me. It was a fun night out.

While on the topic of movies, a few weeks ago I took the kids to see The Muppets with my mom and Fletcher. We loved it. It exceeded my expectations. So cute. The only other movie I've gone to see lately was Hugo. Ryan and I took the kids to see it in the cheap theater. It was really cool.

I read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand this month. It's about a WWII survivor. He basically went through years of hell and somehow lived to come home and tell about it. The things he endured were beyond comprehension.
I'd never read anything like it. It seems like most of the stories that I'd heard from that war were about concentration camps, and people hiding out and such. This book was a completely different angle. I don't want to give too many details, so as to not ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but it was an almost unbelievable story. I'll never forget it. It was heartbreaking, terrifying, and inspiring all in one book. And there are some happy parts to help offset the crappy parts.
Anyway, it was an amazing true story. Read it if you can.

I'm going to sleep now. I hope I can have a nice dream about eating candy or something. It's no wonder I never want to go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud as I heard Becky's smart-ass remarks in my head while I read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm just all full of jealousy over this post. ;) i'm jealous that ollie gets to bathe in that amazing tub! a tub bigger than a bucket has been on my wish list since i got married.
    i'm jealous of your mad cookie decorating skills and that you get to eat them.
    i'm jealous of those puzzles. i love putting puzzles together, especially at christmas time. but river is not as a point yet that we could leave one out and trust that it would be how we left it or pieces wouldn't go missing. :)
    i'm jealous you ate at don diego's, i love that place. and that you saw the muppets. it's on my list!
    and finally,i'm jealous of your book read. it sounds like an amazing story. i just can't seem to read books these days without falling asleep. gah!
    anyhow, i loved your post!

    ReplyDelete