Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break

We stayed home for spring break. We'd originally hoped to go somewhere, but then we decided to save that trip for June.

My flowers started blooming, thanks to all the recent rain.

My crocuses. I really should have planted more. This is what I get for always following the instructions so closely. The box said to space them out a certain number of inches. Next time I want bunches!

They're still pretty, even though they're sparse.


I got a couple of things to dress up the door. A cheery mat and hanging flower decoration.




My daffodils bloomed. =)

I think the wind has weakened their fragile stems. They're hanging on for dear life. They're even droopier now. =( I'm still loving them, and I'll savor their presence until they fade.


My Easter decor, just inside the front door.

I got this cute cabinet a while ago at Hobby Lobby. I like that place.


Since we weren't going on a trip, we decided to go ahead and get a trampoline! We'd been thinking about it for a while, so we took advantage of tax returns and splurged. The kids were gone at Grandma's house all day, so Ryan and I went to get one and set it up as a surprise for when they got home.

This is what it looked like before anyone jumped on it. Ryan and I tried it out, and he kept stealing my bounce. It was all fun and games until I remembered my bladder isn't as trusty as it once was. And I even used the bathroom right before jumping. Oh well. Tramps are meant to handle mass quantities of moisture, right? ;)

The kids were so excited about the new addition to our yard.



I caught Cora giving Ollie a hug and kiss when he started crying. =)

I was peering down at them from my bathroom window.


It was a coldish wet week, but the kids took any possible chance to go out and jump.


One day, I happened upon some anatomically correct Peeps at Big Lots.

Oh boy. I think I should make them some little pants.


The other events of our week went well, too. For example, I got to see a comic (Mike Birbiglia) at the Egyptian Theater with Megan, Mike and Gavin. Gav's wife ended up not being able to attend, so I went in her place, so as to not waste a ticket. I'd never heard of the guy before, but he was funny. I am amazed by anyone who can get up in front of an audience and make people laugh for that long. His show was well over an hour, and he didn't miss a beat.

Ryan and I went to see "The Hunger Games". It was good! We thought they stuck to the book pretty well.

On Wednesday, our friends Rachel, Livia and Lucy came to our house for a few hours. They moved to Coeur d'Alene last summer, and were visiting Boise for a few days. We've been pals since Jane and Livia were little babies. It was so good to see them!

Ryan, Cora, Jane, Oliver and I went bowling on Friday with Jackie, Eric and Ethan. It was fun!

General Conference was great. To me, the best part was President Uchtdorf's talk. I really feel like part of my heart changed for the better during Conference. Let's hope it stays that way...

I guess that's about it for spring break 2012.

Happy April!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thought about my bulbs. . . that I wish I had planted mine closer. And a surprise tramp. . . what fun parents!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete