Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Day!!!


They Might Be Giants are coming on June 9th to the Egyptian Theatre!  I've been waiting and hoping for a "giant" miracle ever since I read that they were "adding more cities soon!" to their previously announced tour dates.

It was a week or so before Christmas when I saw that they were stopping in SLC, so I figured there was a fair chance they'd include Boise. I may have left an encouraging comment or two on their Facebook updates to let them know how much they're adored here... =)  I like to think I played a pivotal part in their decision to come this way. In fact, I feel like pivoting right now to illustrate my excitement.

If SLC had been the closest available concert, I was more than prepared to take a small road trip to be there. Heck, if "circumstances" allowed, I'd attend their show in SLC the first night and follow them to the Boise show the next. I love them!

I squealed when I saw our city on the list today. Did you hear me?  Part of me was afraid they would skip us this time since it won't even been two years by then since their last show here. It must be that they didn't want to disappoint me.

No matter why they're coming, YAY! It's something fun to look forward to after a long, freakishly cold winter.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment