Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Out of the Mouth of Oliver

I've been taking notes each time Oliver says something that makes me laugh. =)

He measures amounts of things in "dots". For instance, he "only got a dot of time to play" or "only ate a dot of cereal." He's pretty dramatic when he says it.

One night at bed time he was trying to figure out why the kids have to go to bed before the parents do.
"How come grown-ups get to stay up as long as they want? Because they don't goof around and be loud?"

His cousin gave him a plastic gold medal to wear around his neck. I asked him if he'd won it at the Olympics. He asked, "how could I do it if I wasn't inside the TV?"

While in the car, a Pink song was on. Listening to the chorus (you gotta get up and try, try, try) he wondered,  "how would it be that hard to get up?"

I changed the radio station one day when "The Best Day of My Life" by American Authors was on. What can I say, it's kind of over-played... Oliver piped up from the back seat, "hey, that's my favorite song!"  It's mostly funny to me because I don't think he really notices or cares about music that much. Now when I hear that song I smile and think of my fun-filled, hopeful little boy. One of the only other times he's stopped me from turning off a song was when we were pulling into the driveway halfway through "Bohemian Rhapsody". I don't remember his exact wording, but he told me to wait because he was listening to it. That's my boy. =) And I would never turn that song off unfinished.

Upon seeing a picture of a beehive on the honey container: "Mom, if you turn the hive upside down it would be a tornado and honey would be flying all around." =)

I saved my favorite one for last. I don't remember what I was doing to spoil his day that time, but this was his retort... "The only thing I don't like about moms is they take away all the fun."  I'm always getting chewed out for something - not giving him enough time to play, not buying him toys, changing the radio when he's listening, making him do chores... why don't moms understand?!

No comments:

Post a Comment