Monday, January 18, 2010

Cupcakes and Ice Cream Cones Welcome Here.

I tend to gravitate toward cute, sweets-oriented things. I find stuff almost everywhere I go. Home decor, kitchen towels, kids' clothes, stationery, stickers. All with cupcakes or ice cream cones on them! I get so excited when I see these things. I decided a few years ago when we moved to Chubbuck that I was going to use an ice cream cone/cupcake theme in my kitchen. I love it! It makes me happy. I guess it's a little juvenile, with all the bright candy colors, but at the same time, what reasonable adult doesn't like treats?
Here is a shot of my jammies. They are so fun! So what if I look like a toddler in them. Not only do they showcase my affinity for ice cream cones and cupcakes, they also have sprinkle donuts on 'em, dang it!
I found this adorable cupcake candle at Kohl's. Who knew something good could come of Valentine's Day decor? ;)
These plastic plates (so classy!) were one of my first ice cream finds. Thank you, Dollar Tree.


I got these babies at Family Dollar. How could a store that carries so much crap have treasures like these?



I could tell about where I got everything else, but I just realized that's not necessary.




Yay for Michael's! Oops...




The three ice cream cone magnets clung to my mom's fridge when I was growing up. Maybe their presence somehow wove its way into my subconsciousness, and that's what made me want to decorate my kitchen the way it is now. Hmmm....







I got these fun additions at Target. Again, I have never seen such appealing Valentine's decor as this! I got the last rug they had, and when I was there a couple days later, the cupcake towels were fresh out. I'm glad I didn't miss 'em. And notice the sprinkles assortment. Yay! I think this V-day will be tolerable.





My mother-in-law surprised me with this cute matching apron and potholder. My sister, Erin, gave me the pink potholders. I was so excited on both occasions. I love it when people see things and think of me.





6 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of fake food? I really want to get 12 fake, but delicious looking cupcakes to keep on my counter at all times. There's just something about a dozen cupcakes that is so cheerful.

    Glad you started a blog! I love your sprinkle lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cupcake decor is whimsical and original. Thanks for the link to your blog! I had a lot of fun reading through it, and learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to remember your cupcake fetish the next time I'm at the fabric store--because I have seen some super cute fabric that I wanted to get but didn't know who for---now I know and you will be added to the apron list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! And I LOVE all your cupcake/ice cream stuff. I need to come see your kitchen. Looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I didn't know you really loved candy that much. How do you stay so skinny? I could literally eat just sweets and no real food but I look that way. What is your secret? Would you believe I've been sweets free for 2 weeks? Kind of a new years resolution. I wasn't losing the baby fat and realized if I could just cut out sweets, that would be about 75% of my total calories. Again. . . what is your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, my secret is that I have kids around all the time so I don't get into my candy stash as often as I'd like. If they know it's there, they won't eat real food. I finally got Oliver out of the habit of asking for treats every few minutes. I keep telling him, "It's all gone." He buys that excuse, but I hope he doesn't check my blog anytime soon... Should I feel bad about lying to him?

    ReplyDelete