Thursday, January 21, 2010

My new dresser




Ryan gave this dresser to me for Christmas. I love it! He searched a few different thrift stores for one, then found this. He said it was covered in ugly, thick, brown paint. But he saw the potential. He got it and sanded it over at his parents' house over a few days. (I'm told his mom helped a bunch too. =) I was busy getting Christmas shopping and baking done, so Ryan took Oliver over there with him for hours at a time while the girls were at school. I appreciated that so much. I value my alone time a LOT! So anyway, I knew he was up to something-- I just didn't know what. I love mystery and surprises!


After the sanding was done, he took it over to my step-dad's shop and he (Brad) put a beautiful finish on it. On Christmas morning, I opened up the package from Ryan, and inside were 6 metal dresser pulls. Hmmm.... what did it mean? I could only assume there was a dresser hiding somewhere, since I was in desperate need of one. Hooray! I'd been stacking my clothes in the closet and stuffing a little dresser with my socks and underwear, etc. I had to wait until later that day to see my present. It was waiting at my parents' house.


I wish he would have taken a "before" picture. Dang. Brad is a professional cabinet maker, and he said that this dresser is one of the nicest pieces of furniture he's ever seen. =) It's solid wood, and a great find. Job well done, Ryan. Such a treasure couldn't have gone to a more deserving recipient... ;)


1 comment:

  1. Love the dresser Shannon! It is really beautiful. :) I don't know if you read my blog but it is thecatanzarofamily.blogspot.com if you want. Love the sprinkle lip gloss BTW, tooo fun.

    ReplyDelete