Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Treats I've Made

One of my favorite activities is decorating my baked goods. Sugar is so fun to work with!

This is my second annual Peeps cake. I am making it a tradition. (Can't wait for Easter!) I've always loved Peeps. They are so cute! And they are best when eaten stale. =)


Here are some cookies I made last April. I live for cute cookie cutters. And delightful pastel sprinkles. =)This was Oliver's cake for his first birthday. It was fun to make, but a little tricky to get the proportions right. Anybody who knows me knows I'm all about proportions.


I made these with my cookie press and added the frosting and sprinkle accents. I packaged them up and sent them to my mommy for Mother's Day the year before last.



In my opinion, the best thing about Valentine's Day is it's a perfect excuse to make festive sugar cookies!





Cookies shaped like ice cream cones? Doesn't get much better than that. My personal favorite cookie cutter. If anyone finds a cupcake-shaped one, let me know. Or I could just make cupcakes...





Guess which holiday these were for.




I'm still a beginner at piping frosting. But the sprinkles seem to make up for it.




In general, I don't think Halloween colors are "cute", but these cupcakes were decent. I've always been a fan of candy-topped cupcakes. This love dates back to my elementary school years when every Friday after school the Science Club had a cupcake sale.





Oliver's 2nd Birthday cake. I should've tried fondant to make it look smooth, but haven't ever used it before, so frosting it was.




I wanted to make a fruit pizza, but there were no strawberries at the store, so I improvised with cookie "pepperoni" and candy topping.





Yay for Christmas cookies! I have a set of mini cutters that I love. This was the first time I tried the candy cane cutter, and they turned out to be my favorite. The best part about them: the stripes are sprinkles! So fun and easy.




Last year when I gave my neighbor some of these, I saw him a bit later that day, and he said, " I can't eat those cookies.... they're too cute to eat." Aw, how nice. Even though I spend a little extra one-on-one time with each of my cookies, they are still intended for guilt-free consumption. Cookie calories don't add up if you cushion your tummy with lunch or dinner first. At least that's what I keep telling myself. =)






These were super easy to decorate. Pipe on a few lines, dust with colored sugar, and put on a few pearly nonpareils. Those were my favorite sprinkles this year. They are so pretty, and they are soft and taste yummy too. Score!















































5 comments:

  1. I feel like you'd like this:

    http://thecreativemama.com/the-birthday-party-finale/

    ...and your Christmas cookies were too cute to eat! But somehow I overcame, and ate them anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, you are the best! I love this! I can't believe what a sugar fiend you are! who would have thought! Better be flossing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I love how detailed all your wonderful creations are. Those snowflakes are great and the Christmas ones are so wowowowowow! You really should take a class, learn fondant, and then start selling all those wonderful goodies! That is some amazing talent right there. And even better that it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! I wish you still lived in Chubbuck so you could share those yummy looking sugar cookies. I made sugar cookies with my kids for the first time last Sunday and I need to start doing it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks,guys! You really know how to warm a girl's heart... =)

    ReplyDelete