Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cora and Jane Love Stuffed Animals.

The other day I broke down and organized all the girls' stuff, just to see what we were dealing with. I had to keep going until the whole room was basically all tidied up. Once I start something, I can't stop! Maybe I should start things more often! ;) They were excited when they got home from school. If they could only hold onto that refreshing feeling of orderliness all the time, maybe their room wouldn't get so disheveled. It just gets to a point that it's too overwhelming for them to clean up on their own. It really starts getting to me when there are dirty socks and such stuffed in their toy bins. They do not go in there, girls! After I had done my part, Jane busied herself doing the finishing touches. I came up after her handiwork was complete. She had set up most of their stuffed animals in makeshift little beds. I thought it was so cute that she'd taken such care to make sure all the animals were comfy. She was rather pleased with herself.
Cora just had to be pictured...


Laundry basket bed with friends aplenty.

The foot of Jane's bed (top bunk).

Underneath Cora's bed. Don't they look so serene and ready for sleep?


Perched atop Build-A-Bear boxes. The kids each got one last week thanks to some coupons and the gift cards they got for Christmas. That place is a rip-off! =)
I'm glad our girls like their stuffed animals. I always enjoyed playing with mine when I was a kid. Back then it seemed like we (Megan and I) had all the time in the world to just play and pretend. In between the customary squabbling, of course...
I still have a few of the stuffed animals I grew up with. My giraffe, for one (It's shown in the top photo above -- slouched between the tan basket and the blue teddy bear). I think maybe that's why I like giraffes so much, because for as long as I can remember I've had that stuffed giraffe. And it's never once betrayed me. That, and it might also be that they are just naturally awesome! I also have my Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and a big Tweety Bird I got for Easter one year.
I'm trying to get lots of pictures of the girls in their room. I wish I had photos of my room from when I was little. Meg and I always shared a room. I remember loving it when it was all neat and clean. We would always rearrange the furniture, including our bunk beds. When we really wanted to, or Mom was really threatening us, we would straighten everything up perfectly. I would lay a quilt out on the floor as a "rug", and before Mom came in to inspect, I'd turn on the radio and have soft music playing to enhance the presentation.
I love my memories and I want my girls to have theirs be as vivid as possible when they're all grown up.

5 comments:

  1. That is alot of stuffed animals but very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute!!! And I LOVE the memories you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you the one that posted on kgsrants.blogspot.com? Your blog link was listed, so I am hoping it was you:) Anyway, your post was spot on! Thank you for writing what you wrote because I agree with you one hundred percent! If I were to comment on his page, would you get the comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Life- Who are you? I don't know where else to leave a message for you, so I hope maybe you'll get this...You're welcome, and I'm glad at least a couple of people (who will admit it) can relate to my plight. ;) I worked hard on that rant, so I truly appreciate your feedback. All but one of the other commenters went off on some tangent, so that was a little disappointing. Yes, I would have gotten the comment if you had posted it on the thread under the rant on his page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping you would write back under my comment:) So where are the other comments from your rant? I didn't see any. I don't know why one would go off on some tangent because what you wrote was completely true. Everyone I have ever talked to that has nursed their kids feel the exact same way. I am seriously considering getting put back the way I was before nursing. I am grateful I have nursed my kids, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyway, if you want to email me, feel free. lindsay25johnson@gmail.com
    -Lindsay
    oh, and I honestly don't know how I came across Kgsrants blog. I wasn't even blog stalking or whatever they call it. I meant to click on a friends link, and I ended up at the page, and the title got my attention.

    ReplyDelete