Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was just dandy this year. My kids really seem to like me, and even a little extra for the holiday. They are fun, creative, smart, happy, cute kids who are good at what they do. I love them so much and I'm very blessed and glad that they are mine and I am theirs.

Church was nice. Cora and Jane went up (without a fight!) during sacrament meeting to sing with the Primary kids. They sang two of my favorite M-Day songs, Mother, I Love You and Mother Dear. Cora was watching the music leader for most of it and Jane was singing straight to me. :) Oliver was having a rough time wanting to stay put. Ryan or I took him out 4 or 5 times because he kept crying. Recently he has discovered that when he says "poop" over and over he'll get taken out of the chapel. The first time he said it I thought he might need to go potty, but he didn't. Every time since then I'm sure he just does it to get out of the meeting. Little rascal. Whenever he says it I have to try not to show him that I'm amused, because I am, but I'm sure the others in attendance didn't come to church to listen to a toddler filling the quietude with talk of fecal matter.

The Relief Society presidency arranged to have all the women come into the meeting for the lesson and a yummy brunch (chicken salad on a croissant, fresh strawberries and pineapple, and a cookie bar thing) during the last hour. The men took over Primary so the moms could have an hour off. It was lovely.

Jane couldn't wait until Mother's Day to give me the present she made at school. She wanted me to open it right after school on Friday, so I did. It was her first attempt at a painting on canvas. She was so excited to give it to me.



Cora made this little box out of clay at school. I love the colors and the design. It turned out so cute.




We went to Ann Morrison Park after church to be with Ryan's family for a couple hours. It was so nice outside. I even got a bit of a sunburn on my pasty arms. Oliver was functioning on no nap, so he just half-consciously chilled out, mostly grazing on cookies and watching people.

This is him watching some people tossing horseshoes.


He was quite interested in this guitar Ryan's niece brought along. He kept strumming on it and enjoying the sounds of it. I sure hope his fascination with music continues. I can just imagine him playing the guitar and breaking girls' hearts later on down the road.



Cora and Mommy by the river


Mommy and Janey



Ollie is just plain cute. Check out that winning smile!



Oliver was trying to get away and I was trying not to fall down (I had platform shoes on). This is a pretty good depiction of our everyday life. Except we're not always posing this way...


Ollie crying



Here's pretty much the most accurate representation of all of us...



Walking away from the river. I like this because Oliver isn't kicking and screaming, and Cora and Jane are in the distance doing their own thing.


After the park we went over to see my side of the family at my sister's house. I was pretty tuckered out by then, but it was a nice time.

We ate "walking tacos" for dinner and my sister-in-law made these very crafty dessert "sushi". They're made of rolled out Rice Krispie treats filled with different types of chopped candy and wrapped in green fruit roll-ups or marshmallow fondant. They were cute and yummy, and the first sushi I've ever tried. ;) I haven't dared try any real sushi, but Ryan keeps threatening to take me out one of these days to try some. We'll see...

It was a good day. I feel so blessed to have so many people to love!

1 comment:

  1. Those sushi are so cute. I think I can handle eating one of those but never the real ones. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete