Monday, May 10, 2010

A Park to Remember

I just found out last month that the Fairmont Park playground has been totally redone. I don't know when they did it. For all I know it's been a while, but it's new to me. I took Oliver there to see what all the fuss was about. It really is neat.


My only complaint is that some of the equipment seems a little dangerous. But then again, kids can turn even the most non-threatening thing into a danger zone.


They have a fun assortment of spinning, gliding, futuristic-looking gizmos, unlike any other playground I've seen.

I keep meaning to take Cora and Jane there to check it out. Whenever we have the time, the weather isn't nice enough.



This slide is really tall. Notice how the top of the stairs is unfenced, allowing for careless, wiggly kids to easily free-fall from a height of 20 or so feet. I kept close to Ollie as he climbed up, but after the first two rides down with him on my lap, he insisted on going down solo. He is light enough that it didn't shoot him out at the end.


He was having a grand old time.


Is there anything more adorable than a two-year-old taking it easy with his hands in his pockets? He does this every so often, and I love it!


That yellowish bowl thingy spins around.



I like the color scheme of this park. A nice change from the typical primary colors.


Sorry, Ollie. Time to go home for a nap!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The park looks great! I agree about the opening at the top of the slide....heart attack city for me.

    ReplyDelete