Friday, January 21, 2011

Ryan Can Draw

Ryan is an undercover artist. When asked what his "hobbies" are, I don't know that he'd even mention drawing. He does it only when he's biding his time in class or meetings, and as a result, it is done on scrap paper or notebook paper, which doesn't exactly scream "presentable". I said in a recent post (hidden within the depths of my usual ramblings) that I'd show off some of his work soon, and I meant what I said.

Here are the few I could dig up. There really aren't many more that I know of. Unless he has a whole vault of them somewhere.

Anyway, get ready to be impressed.


This one's been around for years. I love it.


Notice the three lovely holes on top...




I was able to crop this one and mount it on fancy construction paper. Maybe I could have done a better job. I did it at least 7 years ago. Maybe it's time to pull out the paper cutter and put it under an actual mat. More importantly, isn't Ryan's artwork fantastic?


Cute little village.


I really like this one. He drew it several years ago.



Another good one.




Scary guy, nicely drawn.



He draws these out of his mind. He's not copying anything. So this is what's going on in his head all the time...



Unfinished sketches.


Some sort of collage. Perhaps he's hatching his own scheme for world domination. Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have posted this one...



And that's about all the evidence the world has of Ryan's artistic talent. It's a shame that he doesn't use all the drawing paper I've gotten him over the years. Well-- he has, but not very much. I think he should draw like there's no tomorrow. Also, I think he needs to draw me a picture to put up in our house.

What do YOU think?

5 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY agree! Someone with talent like that should put it to use! Those are SO cool! Draw Ryan, Draw!!! And paint!! So amazing. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I've witnessed Ryan in his "doodle zone" over the years and have always been terribly impressed. Especially considering it took me forever to work out how to add bodies to my stick figures. For the longest time they were just heads with legs attached. And sadly, adding bodies didn't actually make much of an improvement. My point is that he should not take his talent for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO impressed with people who can draw. . . and to do it so casually! Unfair. Very impressive and for sure think he needs to do something for your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he should make something for your home. It is important for you kids to see their dad's talents. :) I love the 4th one, the entry doors. It reminds me of something lost in a viking era. Anyways, keep encouraging him. It is a wonderful talent that he has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan says: Ryan thinks he will be more careful to dispose of old drawings that didn't turn out very well, and make him embarrassed knowing other people see what wanders in his mental corridors. I've had a steady fascination with fantasy creatures, armored men, wizards and all that since I graduated from GI Joe and Heman toys in 4th grade. I don't know why it makes me embarrassed for people to know that.

    ReplyDelete