Thursday, December 20, 2012

Horrible

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone, everywhere, made it a personal goal to NOT KILL ANYONE, anymore? Would that be too much to ask? 

What a horrible thing murder is. I've shed many tears for the Sandy Hook victims and their families this week. Every time I've seen a group of little kids, or heard a child cry, or watched one of my own children sleep, I've been haunted by thoughts of those innocent first graders who were so violently robbed of the rest of their lives. The whole nation mourns together with Newtown. I doubt there has ever been a more upsetting tragedy. I can't think of a severe enough punishment for the crime committed.

Now everyone is heartbroken, and people are scared that it will happen again. It feels like a nightmare that won't end. In a way, it'd be kind of nice if the world ended tomorrow. It could happen any minute now ... but it won't. Not when anyone's expecting it.

I don't know how parents ever go on after losing a child. It's one thing if there is some warning, like a prolonged illness or something. In those cases the child at least passes safely. But how does anyone continue to live after their child is intentionally killed? I've been thinking of all the mothers and fathers worldwide who have ever had to endure that agony, and I am so sad for them all.

=(







No comments:

Post a Comment