Saturday, December 29, 2012

Things my kids draw.


Just thought I'd share some recent masterpieces made by my kiddies.
 
 
Jane drew and colored this Moshi Monster mural as Halloween was approaching...

 
I thought she did an awesome job. I know I'm her mom and I'm expected to be utterly impressed with her skills, but I really think she has a gift. I'm always excited to see what she does next. If she's this good at age 9, I can only imagine she'll get even better. She puts so much care and detail into her work. It's just so crisp!

Cora drew the elf below. =)

She doesn't like drawing as much as Jane does, but I think she's definitely on the right track. She makes some pretty cute stuff.
 
Here's another of Jane's holiday pictures...
 


 
She drew these cute elves just by looking at them on the computer. It takes some talent to get the proportions right, and that she did.
 
 

The girls are very interested in Monster High dolls, so they decided to design a series of their own.
 
I can tell Jane is my daughter when one of her drawings has candy corn adornments...
 

 
 
Cora drew the one on top, second from the left. Jane made the rest. Then she taped them all on her wall like this.

Let's not leave Oliver out. Here's one he brought home from church. It's now displayed on our fridge. He's just starting to get the hang of coloring. He never was interested in it until he started preschool. And I think it helps that he frequently sees his sisters engaged in artsy activity.


I like the wide smiles and hypnotic eyes. =) This picture struck me as kind of ironic. I wonder why the person who designed it decided to depict two boys and a girl. Is it some kind of juvenile love triangle? Planned that way or not, I agree with the message. I wish big people were as quick to forgive as little children are. Kids are amazing that way.
Speaking of amazing kids, Oliver just leaned over and asked why I took a picture of that. "It has girls in it! Dumb girls! She looks dumb!"  =) And I suppose he thinks the boys look totally brilliant? Sheesh.

Oliver has been practicing writing his name a lot lately. I think it's cute. And he is a confirmed lefty. I saw signs of it before he even turned two, but now I'm positive his left hand is his dominant one.

 
He's obviously taken lessons from Jane on the proper way to dot an "i". =)  I wonder what his preschool and primary teachers think.
 
Well, that's it for now.
 
SO... WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY KIDS' SKILLS?!
 

1 comment:

  1. your kids skillz are the bomb! srsly, they are all talented but i hope jane continues to draw. she will be amazing since she had the interest!

    ReplyDelete