Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Grab Bag!

Ollie looking slightly like a Cabbage Patch Doll. He's standing at the top of a little hill behind our apartment. I like how his arms hang; he looks so soft and sweet. His long shorts combined with the socks and shoes made me smile.



Cousin Fletcher was over that day. They were sending Oliver's favorite red truck down the hill.


We got that truck at Savers several months ago, and he still plays with it almost every day! It's been through hell and back, that's for sure! He loves making it crash and burn, and he adds all his own sound effects.




Moist tulips at my parents' house. Have I made it clear how much I absolutely love spring?
The top pic I took with the car window rolled up, then I rolled it down for a clearer shot. Too bad the work trailer is in the background...



Oliver came out from his nap one day with lipstick all over half of his face.



Ryan brought me this pretty plant a couple weeks ago. He said he'd been thinking of me all day and couldn't focus on his work, so buying me flowers seemed like the logical thing to do. :) I'll take it!



Cora reading Who Were The Beatles? I got it for her at their school book fair. She really seemed to like it. She keeps wanting to listen to Abbey Road. I think I have her on the right track to Beatlemania. ;)


Seeing this never gets old. And I did not pose him. He fell asleep with the bear all on his own.



These flowering bushes (or trees?) are in front of each of the apartment buildings in our complex. The blossoms didn't last long enough, but they were so pretty and they smelled sweet as candy. I should have tried to eat one.



Oliver waving me forward in his usual manner. He loves going on walks. Since he can't pronounce an R yet, I can't tell whether he is saying rock or walk. He'd probably be satisfied with either option, but it gets a little confusing sometimes.


Peeping Oliver



Crazy Jane.



Cora got this Pooh Bear from Aunt Megan for her 2nd birthday. It's rather large and says heartwarming phrases when its tummy is squeezed, punched or stepped on. We'd had him for a few years, when one day he uttered a phrase we'd never heard him say before. I think it was "Will you be my forever friend?" Cora and I had heard his entire repertoire countless times, so when he added that to the mix it was startling indeed! Creepy old bear... It brought to mind the times as a child when I was sure my dolls and stuffed animals came alive at night while I slept.



Our vehicles have been good to us. I bought this 1996 Toyota Tercel when I was 18. I have never had any problems with it. It starts every time and takes us easily from point A to point B. It has under 90,000 miles on it, so I think it will last at least until Cora starts to drive. Oof! that's a scary thought. Not so much the idea of her driving, but of her getting old enough to.
The only problem with the car is its lack of A/C. Since it's red, in the summer it feels kind of like getting into a furnace. Before we got our lovely 1996 periwinkle minivan I'd give the kids ice packs and water to keep cool when we had to go anywhere in hot weather. We bought the van in about 2004 with our tax return that year. We chose it because of its sleek stylishness, awesome color and second-to-none aerodynamics. Well, those things and we wanted an economical, reliable ride with the coveted comfort of cool air. We checked online reviews on vehicles, and the Mercury Villager came highly recommended. We found a few options in the local classifieds, and after a test drive or three we made our choice. We don't really care about having neat-o cars. We're planning on driving these two into the ground before we'll consider getting an upgrade.

That's all for now, folks!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Oliver with his teddy bear. I actually slept with my teddy bear until I married Mike and could snuggle with him at night. Strange I know but I like to snuggle while I sleep. And I agree about the cars. . . I'm totally for running them into the ground and can't understand the interest in fancy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy my car. :)

    What the crazy Pooh Bear?!!! That is seriously creepy!

    ReplyDelete