Monday, April 12, 2010

Factory Outlet fun!

Last week, my friend Maria invited me (and Renee, but she couldn't make it) to come along with her to the Carter's outlet to look for pajamas for her baby. I couldn't pass up the chance to go somewhere and hang out with a fun friend!



Oliver was lucky enough to get to come shopping with us. He's usually happy and patient with it, for the first hour or so. After that, he gets pretty squirrelly. He was exceptionally well behaved at the good ol' Boise Factory Outlets. He wanted to get out of the stroller after a while in the first store. He started bringing cute baby girl outfits over to show me. He was so into it. He'd been observing Maria and me holding up little outfits to show each other, so he knew just what to do to fit in. He carried the same outfit over to me 3 times. He must've really liked it. =)






We stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for some treats because we were all
being so good! We got an apple dipped in three layers of yumminess: first caramel, then white chocolate, lastly enrobed in milk chocolate. I'm not sure why I settled on that kind. I guess I was overwhelmed with the choices. There were so many kinds to pick from, and most of them had a coating of candy or cookie crumbs on the outside. The one we got was really good, so I'm not regretting the choice. I guess what I'm saying is I want to go back and sample the other varieties.

We asked the lady to slice the apple up so we could share it. We also got a large piece of milk chocolate covered toffee to split. I got Oliver a big snickerdoodle to snack on. Everything was so tasty.



Oliver posing next to Kenley. She was so sleepy by then. Such a cute little doll.




Oliver didn't quite know what to do. He was just trying to cooperate for the camera.
Those are little legwarmers Kenley's wearing. So fashionable!






Maria and Kenley.








Holy cow! I look like my sister Megan in this picture:



Our outing wouldn't have been complete if we hadn't moseyed on over to the Dress Barn! It's such a great name for a dress store. Whoever came up with it must have known exactly what makes a woman feel feminine and pretty!

We were kind of disappointed about the selection. Most of the dresses we saw were cute rather than catastrophic. Where's the fun in that? We went in there with the intention of finding a souvenir for Renee since she couldn't join us. We found one thing - and one thing only - that was perfect! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it, but it's a super-soft, leopard print shrug. (We liked calling it a shawl.) It was on clearance for $12. I thought that was a little pricey, considering we were getting it as a joke, but what sealed the deal was the Dress Barn tag sewn on the inside of the collar. It was just what Renee needed! So we split the cost. Between the three of us it's sure to get used.







Can you feel the enthusiasm?








It took several tries to get both of us in the picture without one of us blocking the Dress Barn sign. Then we were kind of too far away from it.








Maria couldn't contain herself. She was so jazzed to be there so close to Dress Barn. We were within clucking distance of it...





I look like a complete doofus in the video below, but I just had to include it. I had Maria try taking a picture of us, and being unfamiliar with my camera she mistakenly pressed the record button. She kept pushing the button over and over, so each time she did that we thought it was going to take a picture, but really it was just filming us. :) I was just a little bit embarrassed when I viewed the footage, as anybody else who watches it will be. But it made me laugh. a lot.










I'm glad Maria invited me to come with her. It turned out to be such a fun time. But of course I didn't expect anything less out of Maria's company. =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing at that video!!!! And I wish I could post a picture as a comment because I have a photo of me wearing the "shawl." Maybe I will post it on my blog with a reference to you. Seriously that was such a fun shopping day. Thanks for going with me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT was hilarious. Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete