Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Playtime

Jane and Oliver like to build sprawling train tracks in the front room.




We have a different track configuration going almost every day. Oliver enlists help from any one of us. He just never gets sick of it.
I love his fixation with trains. The other day at the park, he was riding his bike and came to a fork in the dirt path, and he told me, "It's just a small junction!" His voice always rises an octave when he talks about trains (or airplanes or helicopters). He's such an enthusiastic little boy! I'm so glad he's around to give me lots of excuses to smile.


For Ryan's birthday (May 1st) , I got him an indoor remote control helicopter. He's been having a lot of fun with it. I have to cringe every time it crashes into the ceiling and drops to the floor, but it's a surprisingly resilient toy, and still works fine over a month later!



Moral of this post: Don't forget to play!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I remember our train days. I don't think our kids were quite that zealous, though!

    Speaking of playing, are you going to blog about our trip? I'm curious to read your take on events. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I will blog about the trip! I'm dreadfully behind, so sorry to say. I have a few more little posts before I can move on to the last part of May. (Hey, I didn't even mean for that to rhyme!)

    ReplyDelete