Sunday, March 17, 2013

Re-reading

Hi. It's me. Again. I can't ever seem to stay away long. I just like talking to you, Blog.
Because I'm borderline insane, which causes me to think you're actually listening. Sometimes the word "blog" sounds so dumb. Blog. Blog. It looks odd, too. BLOG.

I've begun the laborious chore of reading my entire blog from the beginning, correcting typos and what-not. I'm thinking of sometime getting it printed for my mom (since she expressed interest in it).  Also, I can't remember what I've already written, so this stroll down bloggery lane will help remind me not to retell stories I've already told.

One of the major recurring themes I've noticed about my blog is obsession. Big shocker there. ;)

Seeing all the pictures of my crazy collections and skimming through cheesy descriptions of my silly fixations made me realize something about myself. I'm a passionate girl. There are a lot of things out there in this big world. And most often, when it comes right down to it, things either really tick me off, or they really make me tick. There's not a lot of middle ground with me.

I do feel a wee bit sheepish about how I always carry on about things. But I don't know that I can really help it. It's me. When I love music, or when something keeps dumping happiness on me, or another thing gets on my nerves, I feel like sharing. In great detail.

On that note,


 MY WONDERFUL CROCUSES ARE STARTING TO BLOOM!




And I'm hooked on the new TMBG album! (Big surprise.) It's seriously their best in a long time. I thought the last few were good stuff, but this one truly is exceptional; a 25-track treasure trove. I can't wait for the concert. =)

Below is one of my new personal faves, Icky. It mentions slacks! =)  Any song about slacks is an instant win. (There is an official video for it, which is cool in some ways, but contains animated cannibalism, which kind of grosses me out... )

Everybody saying "Who's that icky guy?"
I'd like to get to know him
I want to be his best bud
"No, I do, we can't both be his best bud"

Who's that sucking all the oxygen
Out of the place
First name: getting all up in your
Last name: face
First name: getting all up in your
Last name: face

He's coming over to your house and
Isn't gonna leave till you loan him something
You've got a nice pair of slacks which he takes but
Will only return only one of them

Here, this is yours
I'm done with it, I brought it back
Don't know anything about some other slack
I only borrowed one slack

Who's that knocking over everything
Within reach?
Full-time occupation listed as "life-draining leech"
Who's that sucking all the oxygen
Out of the place
First name: getting all up in your
Last name: face
First name: getting all up in your
Last name: face

But reading the lyrics just isn't enough. They need to be listened to. It's just such a fun ride with all the killer rhythms, catchy words, and engaging musical accompaniment.

My other favorites from this new album are: 9 Secret Steps, Sleep, Call You Mom, Lost My Mind, Nanobots, You're On Fire, Circular Karate Chop, Sometimes a Lonely Way, Replicant, Stuff is Way, Too Tall Girl.

It would have been easier to list the one and only track I don't care too much for: Black Ops.

This album is home to several song snippets like the ones from Apollo 18. Very nice.

Okay, that's it for now. I just wanted to say hi. (And a bunch of other stuff.)





No comments:

Post a Comment