Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Springy Thingies


Just when I was starting to think spring would never come, it showed up. And I am sure glad about that.

'Cause I could use some pretty things to gape at right about now.


I put up a small collection of Easter decor inside the front door.



This kind of stuff rarely fails to boost my mood.  Squee...


I also switched up the mantel ornamentation. The first picture below is what it looked like before...



And now it looks kind of like this...
 


I think it looks a little more crisp and fresh this way, if I do say so myself. Heck, if I don't say it, who will? (Just kidding. Ryan's sister has already seen it, and she noticed and liked the change. Or at least she said so.) 
I got the cheery poppy paintings at Ross a few months ago for $11.99 each. What a bargain. And that faux yellow bauble plant has been sitting in our garage for I don't know how long.


So yay for spring! I'll greet it every day with a hug. Or at least say hi to a bug.

 
Groan.










1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new mantel! Super cute Easter decorations too. I didn't even get ours out this year besides our kids' Easter books (with the new puppy I didn't want to have even more stuff out) but seeing your cheery home makes me sad I didn't do it this year.

    ReplyDelete