Sunday, March 24, 2013

When I was a wee one



Since I'm sorta sick of my present-day self, I thought I'd share some of what was happening in my life about 34 years ago. 
I've had a pile of childhood photos sitting on the desk, waiting for months to be scanned, and I finally got around to it today. Good for me. I gave myself a pat on the back, which instantly triggered a vivid, infantile memory of me being burped.  ;)


Here's my chubby face at a month and a half old. 


Holy yellow overload! 

P.S.  I still have that cute giraffe. 


My first Easter. How I wish I had a bonnet like this to wear for my 35th Easter. 
 (At first I was mistaken and put 34th Easter because I'm not 35 yet. But Maria commented with a mind-bending correction. It makes sense now-- Since I was not yet 1 on my first Easter, my 35th Easter comes when I'm not yet 35.)




How did I ever manage to sleep with that clown toy hanging on my crib?




According to my baby book, this pic illustrates one of the first times I sat up by myself.



First time crawling. Feeling pret-ty confident here...


It appears my doughy thighs kept me safely anchored. =)


I totally remember playing in this cupboard. I can still hear in my mind's ear the echoes of its repeated open-and-close. =)  
I do wish I had this outfit in mommy size. Just imagine what a head-turning scene I'd cause every time I went out in it.


The face of innocence. Even though in this photo I'm guilty of wearing socks with sandals!



My Grandma McCaleb customized this shirt for me. =)




Gavin and Erin hanging out with their awesome little sister.
Can you dig the luxurious carpet and wallpaper? Never has there been a better combo. It's important to note that the wallpaper features a velvety texture. 

Daddy and me. 




I can still fall asleep pretty much anytime, anywhere. 


Thanks to this childhood habit, I haven't forgotten what this exact sponge tastes like.  Pondering the amount of bacteria it probably harbored makes me queasy. =/

The baby in red... is dancing with me... cheek to cheek.
(Not really.)

 


Consoling Ernie
More consolation.

Wasn't I huggable?

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! Oliver looks just like you. Oh and I totally think you should make a bonnet to wear for your 35th (yes this is your 35th, not 34th) Easter. You would be dashing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! You're right. I forgot since I wasn't 1 yet on my first Easter, and I'm not yet 35 this year, that it's my 35th Easter. My mind=boggled.

      Delete
  2. Oliver looks just like you! Particularly in the first photo of you sitting up to the one under the sink! Loved this post. I love all the 70's decor and fashion.

    ReplyDelete