Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cookie Sale

May 5th was our neighborhood's annual yard sale. We didn't have a yard sale, but Jane and Emma (neighbor girl) wanted to have a cookie sale in our driveway. Since I'm a wonderful mom, I agreed to make sugar cookies for the occasion. Emma's mom made a large batch of the chocolate chip variety.


Here's a random bunch of the finished product.

I think I counted 58 total sugar cookies, and Emma's mom made 80-something of hers. I had fun making these. I should have made more, but I ran out of time. I was up until 1:00 am decorating and bagging them, and the girls dragged me out of bed just after 8 to help them get set up.

It was pretty cold that morning. We could have made a killing on cocoa, if only we'd planned appropriately.

I spent the time weeding in the front yard (nonchalantly supervising the girls), and I was pleased to overhear customers exclaiming about how cute the cookies were. =)

The cookies were sold out by about 10:00 am, and we were glad. We went inside and the girls cozied up by the fire place while I made them some hot chocolate. I have no clue who decided to hold the community yard sale the first weekend of May! Sillies.

Next year maybe I'll plan better and whip up a much larger quantity of cookies and treats. I'm gonna be filthy rich! Mwaaahahhahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. I exclaim about how cute your cookies are to myself every time I see them. In fact, I've shown some of them to my coworkers to brag about my friend who is a masterful decorator of cookies. We are all impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your decorating skillz amaze me every time. i bow down to your excellence!

    ReplyDelete