Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WHAT NEXT?

Here's a little look back at the lovely 1999. Notice the overly blousy t-shirts, up-to-the-armpits jeans, and . . . the backdrop. Everyone pictured is still alive and well. Everyone except the backdrop.

This photo shoot took place at Veterans Park. Never again will anyone be posing on these wooden benches. Never again. Because sometime between last summer and last week, the entire structure was torn down. On my recent visit to this park, after the kids played on the playground, we decided per tradition to mosey on over to "the hill". The instant my mom and I reached the summit of the hill, I entered the Twilight Zone. My hands flew to my gaping mouth. Surely my eyes were deceiving me. I couldn't believe it. It was gone! A treasured part of my childhood was gone. A destination my own children had grown to love. In its place was a mirror image of the side of the hill that was always there. The grassy side that has always been meant for rolling down. It just looks wrong. I don't know why that stone and wood amphitheater was so fun to play in. It just was. It was the best part of Veterans Park.

First they closed my childhood Arby's, now this! I don't want to know what will be next!

1 comment:

  1. both the arby's and this made e so sad too! our kids played together here too!

    ReplyDelete